
Sam emailed. He said it's still hot, sandy and dry. Though they've been told it will start cooling off. Found out also he is lifting in his spare time and is benching over 300 pounds. He must be in his huge stage again.
Fall baseball is coming to Exeter and the field isn't ready. I will spend part of today clearing the mound and plate of excess grass and weeds. I know it would be easier to spend a few hours a week maintaining an already cleared field, but life gets in the way. Or other obligations. I know a clearing away of more than one type needs to be done.
I have had a bit of hubris about my classroom recycling. Last year I retrieved over $120 worth of cans and bottles from my classroom that students left or threw away. I recently learned one the the girls playing water polo financed a missions trip to Taiwan with her recycling efforts. I am humbled.
I'm still trying to decide about how to pin my knife handle. I'm now thinking of a hollow tube so I can attach a cord later if I want.
School has fallen into routine and that is not all bad. Grades are due early next week, so at lest one day this weekend needs to be spent at school on the computer.

No comments:
Post a Comment