Friday, March 18, 2011

New Project

I started with this:



A WWII Navy issue Robeson Shuredge No. 20. It was given to my father from his uncle who fought in WWII. As kids my brother and I threw it and abused it and ruined the handle. I redid it with some leather and wood for the handle.

I stripped the old handle I made off and found this:


I want something like this:

Or at least a shorter version of what I have now. Something to carry in my pocket or on a belt for use around the house, garden or field. A fixed blade version of the 2.5" to 3.5" folders many carry around now. I gave my folder to Brad for his new job with no regrets because I had this in mind.

1 comment:

hill said...

Steve! Hope your little project is coming along well. I'm the guy with the metal working blog you commented on recently. I just wanted to let you know I'll be closing that blog and moving to another one with the same name but with the wordpress platform. If you have any more knifemaking questions feel free to email me at hillsmithy @ yahoo (dot) com. By the way, I like your blog and your philosophy. We have some things in common.