
My children would have you think that this is the way I normally watch a movie. Contrary to their beliefs or experiences, before they were born I did watch all of a movie most of the time.
The last two nights Wilson, Brad and I watched The Lord of the Rings movies. I read the books over Christmas break my freshman year of high school and was thoroughly engrossed the whole time. I watched the movies when they first came out and was engrossed again.
This time it struck me that this really is a story of Good vs. Evil. Good must always be on the alert for the intrusion of evil in our lives. Evil will use any means at its disposal to win. It happens in subtle ways. It happens in overt ways. It happens. In some battles Evil wins, and sometimes Good wins. But it is always a battle. We have to prepare for battle constantly.
But we must also not lose sight of the good, and enjoy the good also.

No comments:
Post a Comment