I was just walking in from feeding the chickens this morning thinking about friends and acquaintances and occupations. With all the occupying in the news lately I was thinking of the word itself--occupy. Does this mean we "occupy" something, or does it "occupy" us? What does your job do for you or to you? That wasn't really what I was heading towards with my thoughts, but more why do we choose what we do?
I was thinking about friends and what they do and it seems to me that many of us and our vocations are shaped by our parents. I was pondering a few friends that are in the baseball field because their fathers were coaches. My father was an engineer by vocation, water specifically. I teach English, though I worked in water for a few years. Not exactly the same fields. But even that doesn't capture what I was mulling over.
We raise chickens in a converted playhouse that was cut apart and moved on site. We have done multiple remodeling projects and built things at home and elsewhere. We grow fruits and vegetables. This is not bragging,more like listing. Where did these skills come from? Then it hit me.
For more than just the skills...Thank You, Dad and Mom, for the desire to accomplish.
Jousting with the Yellow Knight
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment