
Do you ever wonder what the bottom of your water heater looks like? I hope not like this.
Big weekend ahead. Laying tile for the first time. We hope to get most of the tile laid in the bathroom of the cabana so that by next weekend we can have a working commode in that water closet.
I also am sadly thankful that the rains didn't show up until after I finish roofing the "new" water heater closet.Sad because we need the rain, but thankful that I have a few more days to finish the closet.


Brad is home for Thanksgiving. It's nice to have him around. We watched the latest Star Trek last night and I have to admit it was pretty good.
Annie went to the midnight madness of Twilight with friends. I vaguely remember discovering midnight movies in college, those after "studying" things to watch to wind down. The only time I see midnight now is when I wake up with an upset stomach or the dogs are barking at someone "sodding"* our front sidewalk.
Sam is now in Fayetteville, NC at Fort Bragg as many know. He calls a few times a week and seems happy. He's looking forward to being home for Christmas. I didn't ask him if he is going to the Sarah Palin book signing Monday. He says Fayetteville has been nice and good weather after Hurricane Ida left town.
Wilson is his happy self again. Senior portfolio, termpaper and Psychology notebook out of the way helps.
Maureen and I are just eating our way to bliss. Maureen is trying new foodstuffs and I'm happy to oblige and eat it. We picked pomegranates from the alley behind us and she made jam with it. Good stuff!
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. I'm sure the weird will creep in somehow, but that just makes for another adventure.
*When the son and friends of a friend were recently planning to toilet paper our yard for Annie, the wise father suggested that they use the leftover sod from their landscaping project instead. He thought Mrs. Garver wouldn't like the TP in the front garden. We ended up with a sod front walkway.

1 comment:
"He thought Mrs. Garver wouldn't like the TP in the front garden. We ended up with a sod front walkway."
Definitely a wise decision...you break my broccoli, I break your leg!
Post a Comment