Friday, August 19, 2016

Which Comes First: Chicken, Egg? Art, Life?

Maureen and I recently went to the latest Bourne movie. Back to the formulaic action version. Action, fights, car chase with Matt Damon. Early in the movie I started to become uneasy about the actions of a few characters. The government "good" guys  weren't good. In fact they seemed more than ever doing what they wanted to do regardless of the rightness or wrongness. People killed, laws ignored. I wanted to check out and live on a mountain somewhere.

We got home and turned on the Olympics hoping for some  good. Accusations of being pulled over and robbed by police, now are the athletes are accused of fabricating the story. And then the scrolling news message at the bottom of the screen: US State Department spokesman says that the $400 million given to Iran was indeed for the release of American citizens. Two weeks after our president says the two actions are coincidental.

Art imitating life? Life copying art? Who can you trust?

God.

No comments: