One of the duties of a baseball coach is cleaning up the field after the players clean up. We usually drag the field as the kids put away the equipment. Lately with the hotter weather I have been turning on the sprinklers to give the grass a drink. I've even started to turn on the hose also to hit brown spots.
Today I looked up from dragging and found two geese wandering around in shallow left field. My thoughts turned to dinner and other assorted ideas, but then as I moved around finishing up I just watched the birds. It was a blessing as they walked about occasionally poling the ground hunting for food.

2 comments:
Our family tradition anytime we drive by a ponding basin and geese are there is to yell out "DINNER!" I'm glad the thought crosses your mind too. They are fun to watch and at the moment aren't on the dinner menu.
If we get lots of the chukar eggs to hatch you can have some of the birds if you want.
We'll take any extras you have. Let us know.
We also have Soup the turkey to harvest if you're interested. She has become a protector of the chickens lately so the harvest keeps getting put off.
Post a Comment