Friday, April 13, 2012

The Rain has Settled In

We're having a bit of water from the sky here in Central CA.  It's a bit unseasonal; we usually get it earlier.  Rain to our desert is always welcome, but we get spoiled with the dry weather.  Our baseball games start backing up when rainouts occur.  There are only so many umpires, so they become the determining factor of when games are made up. It just makes you learn to adapt and move on.

Last night I received a call from a nephew about his baseball game.  I have been blessed to coach all three of my sons.  Currently there is a local nephew on our baseball team.  I feel that most of the athletes I coach are like sons or daughters.  But I get an additional quiet inside pleasure when a blood relative performs well.  The 8 year old nephew that called last night was excited about receiving the game ball after his game.  He pitched one inning, 3 strike outs and a walk, and caught 2 innings.  Great job, E!

I think I posted that parts of the yard have been changed.  I'm hoping to tidy things up and finish this weekend.  I need to do something with "Soup" our turkey.  She is getting as big as Dinner was, and has become as friendly also.  She is the guardian of the chicken coop, having taken over the role from Dinner. Hank at the Hunter, Angler, Gardener, Cook has a recipe for barbecued turkey that I'd like to try.  Or should I say Have Maureen try.

I had a conversation with a colleague about change recently and he suggested a book, and then supplied it.  The Ordeal of Change by Eric Hoffer.  I researched Hoffer and found another of those people that I should know about, but never took the time.  Good book it looks like.

Along with the Ordeal, this friend gave me an article that is intriguing.  The premise is why do the Jedi lie so much and the Sith tell the truth?   That will make for some helpful diversions to doing taxes this weekend.

1 comment:

What if it's today? - A survivalist's blog said...

Have you done anything with (or to) Soup yet? If not, let us know when and we'd be happy to come help.