It rained for the first time this fall. As usual it caught me off guard a bit. I never seems to have everything protected like I could or should. I was dragging out a cover and installing it in the rain for the second chicken yard. They seemed to appreciate some cover, though the turkeys didn't seem to mind the rain.
Calvin our beloved German Shepard died today. He has been with us for 11 years. We picked Calvin up at the pound just after Brad came home from Valley Childrens. In the midst of dozens of dogs barking and yelping, there sat Calvin calm, cool and collected. As the dogs in the next pen banged against the fence, Maureen and I looked at each other and said, "That's the one for us," and Calvin came home with us. He has been the dog in charge, quietly though. He never was fully healthy, but in the last year he has started to collect problems and illnesses. The doctor today said it looked like he has the canine version of ALS, Lou Gehring's disease. He will be missed.


1 comment:
So sorry to hear about Calvin. Losing a pet is no different than losing any other family member. Good luck on your nephew living with you. Giving kids stability is such a blessing.
Post a Comment