Saturday, February 13, 2010

Back in the Blogosphere


The computer is back, just as slow as it was before the spyware. This morning I turned it on to see if I could work on it a bit and maybe fix something. The plastic, metal and silicon boat anchor actually worked. I'm a bit sad as it was a nice respite not being tied to this modern technology that is supposed to help, but is a leash more often.



Maureen and I talked to Sam yesterday and today. He usually calls and talks to Maureen and then calls the next day to talk to me because I'm gone when he originally calls. He is moving today, Saturday, to the Battalion HQ's near the port in Port-au-Prince. Rumors are his battalion my be leaving soon as there is no work for them. He is on call each day and today they didn't "do" much. A sign they may be coming home soon.

Annie's soccer team ended up 2nd in league behind CVC. They received the 2nd seed in the playoffs behind CVC again. They are playing well and could surprise some people.

Wilson has started baseball and so far is the only returning starting pitcher as well as one of only 3 seniors out so far. Last year we had 8 seniors and didn't fare well, maybe it will be better with fewer. He has such a good attitude I'm looking forward to this year for that alone.

Brad is finishing up his last classed for a BA, and living at home. Mom and Dad are making some adjustments to the living arrangement. We're happy and thankful that Brad is going to graduate.



Maureen has revamped the cellar, so much of this mess in out of sight and it is a welcome change. Much gnashing of teeth to get this done and more to come. She is braver than I.

Me, I'm just trying to see where I'm bound.

No comments: