Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gastronomically Thankful



After being thankful for a big thing, I thought it might be nice to share some thanks for a small thing that really isn't that small. Above is a picture of the baby greens that Maureen planted. It takes more than a bit of work to plant. She planted quite a bit again this year and I am so very thankful. It also means she is picking all the time, which is good. I love her salads. Many nights a big salad, bread and a glass of wine and that is dinner. Nothing to fancy on the surface, but good for you and good to taste.

The salad below is one of my favorites. Pine nuts, pecans, a bit of cheese, a bit of Balsamic vinegar and off to the races. A good cab to help wash things down. What else to you need?

Thank you, dear!



No comments: