
It's mid-afternoon and the temperature is 96 and going up. I'm still thinking about the Cheerios I ate for breakfast. What a life I lead. I don't usually eat cereal for breakfast. A bagel, toast, something along that line. If M cooks I'll eat just about anything. I used to be the pancake and waffle king in our house, but in the last few years, or decade, the children have grown up and they fend for themselves. It was the teach them how to live on their own theory, or I'm too tired to make waffles malaise. They have all become good cooks and will do so at the drop of a hat.
I also don't use or drink much milk. As a boy I tried to emulate my father. He milked cows before school, so he learned to dislike milk. So another reason for not much cold cereal. But this morning Cheerios was the choice. Sugar encrusted Shreaded Wheat didn't sound appetizing. Cheerios it was.
What a treat! Simple, unadorned, good for you and tastes like seeing an old friend. Why do we run to new things when we have what we need already in front of us? Why do we need that new pair of shoes? The new car. The new house. The new spouse.
Simple, unadorned and good for you. The Bible. Why do I resist.

No comments:
Post a Comment